Friday, March 30, 2012

Day Four hundred (Wow).

I cannot believe I've been doing this for four hundred days. Wow.

The other day, we were in the mood for a smoothie but not our usual kind.  I surveyed the freezer and made a judgment call.  After a few items were tossed into the blender and a scuffle over who got to press the blender buttons occurred, and we had a "Sunny Smoothie," as we dubbed it.  To quote my husband and daughter, “It was the best smoothie ever.”


To make this one, grab your blender and combine 1 c. vanilla yogurt (I used Greek), 1 c. orange juice, 1 1/2 c. frozen mango chunks, and two bananas. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon (about one teaspoon) and blend until smooth. This was a nice and thick, sweet but not over-the-top, and really filling. It’ll definitely be a part of my smoothie repertoire from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment