Friday, September 25, 2015

Cake decorating and dinner

Another busy day in the kitchen.  I'm taking a cake decorating class, so I had to set aside time to make a two layer cake and five cups of icing.  I also had to have dinner ready, since I was leaving at dinner time, just as my husband was walking in the door.  I couldn't juggle cake and dinner at the same time, so I opted for the crockpot for dinner.

Something about fall had me craving chicken and dumplings, so I used this recipe from my favorite gluten free blogger, and her recipe for biscuits as the dumplings.  Delicious.





Next, the cake.  Silvana has a great vanilla birthday cake recipe in her second book, and I was to bring along the frosting to use in class.



The finished cake.  I came home after the kids were asleep, and it was a challenge, but the cake made it till morning so they could see it before we cut it.




The kitchen showed signs of wear despite my clean-as-I-go philosophy, but I'm happy to report that I restored it to normal order by breakfast the next morning.  If you know me, you know that's what makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment