Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day Three hundred and eighty-three

These are gluten-free brownies for my daughter's class holiday party (recipe: Gluten Free on a Shoestring). 

Another loaf from the batch of Crusty Boule dough from the freezer.


"Mock" Matzo Balls (recipe: Gluten Free on a Shoestring).  I have to say, these looked right but did not live up to their "matzo" title. They were made with quinoa flakes, and only resembled matzo balls in shape.  Quinoa made into a ball and soaked in soup does not taste right.  Since eating these, I've not been able to eat quinoa again.  I do hope that aversion wears off.  I've since hunted down gluten-free matzo and made the matzo balls that way.  I've even come across a matzo recipe, and intend to try making it and making balls that way. Can you tell I love matzo balls?

Chicken soup with mock matzo balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment