Friday, December 31, 2010

Day One hundred: Cookie day

Normally we make our Christmas cookies a few days before the holidays, but since we were all sick this year, it got put off. Finally all were well and energetic enough to bake, and boy, did we! My girls had a blast helping, we got some great pics of them rolling the cookies.



Peanut butter blossoms. These are a staple to our holiday; ever since my friend Linda gave us a bunch one year, it doesn't feel like Christmas without them. I've had the recipe forever, not sure where I got it.


Christmas tree spritz cookies (recipe: Pampered Chef). This was my first try at spritz cookies; my grandma has an age-old recipe that she makes every Christmas, but she misplaced the recipe this year. I found the cookie press kinda tricky, I was ready to throw it a/c the kitchen at first, but then got the hang of it.


Lemon sugar/slice cookies. G-d bless this dough-- it is from the same batch I made weeks back, and kept frozen till now. It's the third (and final time) I've worked off of this batch. Once again, recipe from my friend Kelly.
Oh, and dinner was leftovers, as who has time to make dinner when you're baking hours of cookies?

No comments:

Post a Comment