Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day Seventy-five: Thanksgiving

Cornbread and chicken-apple sausage stuffing... about to go into the turkey

The turkey... just stuffed and headed for the oven. We roasted it breast-side down for the first 1 1/2 hrs, and then breast-side up for the rest of the time.

The turkey... all roasted and ready to be carved. Carving is my dad's contribution to the meal. :)

Indian corn pudding... made by my mom
Carrot-herb biscuits... these are a tradition in my family, and SO yummy. Made with half whole-wheat pastry flour.
Pumpkin soup, made by my mom. Garnished with sour cream, toasted pumpkin seeds, and applewood bacon.
Sweet potato casserole... with marshmallows


Butternut squash... made by my grandma


The stuffing (from inside the turkey)


Gravy.. made by my mom


Mashed potatoes

Green beans with carmelized shallots

The meal... turkey, gravy, green beans, stuffing, cornbread pudding, biscuits, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and butternut squash. I'm full just typing that out!

The aftermath. I don't normally put pictures of people up, but when my husband fell asleep with his head in his dish, I felt I'd done my job. ;)

Pecan pie. As a rule, nothing store-bought goes on the table; but my husband woke up wanting pecan pie, and ran out to buy it while the turkey was roasting.

Maple pumpkin fudge, made by my mom

Apple pie, made by my grandma

Pumpkin pie, also by grandma


Thanksgiving butter cookies... also by grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment