Saturday, February 4, 2012

Day Three hundred and sixty-five: ONE YEAR!!!

Technically, the one year anniversary of this blog occurred about two months ago.  I never stopped taking pictures, but I didn't post for those two months while we were sorting out some health issues.  I'm catching up now, and here's our meal for the 365th day of our photo journal. Thanks for coming along on our journey.

Breakfast: Popovers. These are really incredible- so moist and fluffy inside with a great crunch outside (recipe: Gluten-Free on a Shoestring).

Dinner: One of my all-time favorites: Salsa chicken and black bean soup (crockpot; Recipe: Make it Fast Cook it Slow).  Topped with sour cream and cheddar, this is a complete meal.  We had it w/a salad on the side.

Dessert: Grannie's old-fashioned butterscotch bars (recipe: Family Circle).  I'd pulled this out of a magazine over two years ago but had never made it before.  I converted it to gluten-free, which was as simple as substituting the artisan gluten-free flour blend and adding a smidgen more liquid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment